Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Those eight wonderful words.

"So, I'm thinking of having my testicles laminated."

Those were the first words spoken to me after I left the house this morning. I was at Meijer getting gas, when my friend Pat walked up behind me and surprised me. It was good to see him, since it had been awhile and we only live a few miles apart. We talked while I pumped gas, and continued our conversation inside. He had a couple of thing he was buying on his way to work. I paid for my gas and had the cashier ring up his stuff with mine. Even though he knew it wasn't necessary, he thanked me. We never worry about the little things like that. It's just what friends do.

Pat is a former Marine, and he served our country proudly for several years. I have known him well over half of my life, and would take a bullet for him and his family anytime.

We said our goodbyes, and cracked a few last jokes before shaking his hand.

It's important to remember how special our friends are on this Patriots Day. Some people lost friends on this day 11 years ago, and you never know when something might take someone important to you away. Make sure you tell that someone special how you feel everytime you see them.

I really hope his testicle lamination goes well. I can't wait to see them.

1 comment: