Monday, October 22, 2012

Failure? Not quite.....well, kind of.

Well, 21 days has come and gone. I was able to only raise $240 on my Autism Awareness campaign. It wasn't enough to buy even one iPad, but I would like to think that we all did some good. There were so many people that helped share the campaign, and without them, this would have been a complete failure. Times are tough, and I understand that. Maybe my goal was too high. I'm not sure. But what I do know is that I have a great group of friends in my life that were willing to go the extra mile to help.

Thank you.

It has also come to my attention that I lost nearly 30 friends on my Facebook page due to my campaign. I guess they didn't want to be "spammed" with my posts about the Autism fundraiser. For those that were offended, I apologize. You probably won't SEE my apology, but it's here and very sincere. It was NEVER my intention to upset you, and I hope you understand that what I was doing was for a great cause. I am going to try the campaign again in the future, but take a different route. I will have a website dedicated to Autism awareness, that will link to a fundraiser. I will also use Twitter as well as other blogs to get the word out.

If anyone else has any ideas that could help, please do not hesitate to offer advice. I am always looking to improve, and have NO problem with a little assistance. I was so stressed that I was doing this wrong, I lost complete nights of sleep over this. I SO wanted to do SO much more. I still can't help but think I failed miserably.

Anyways, to those who donated, the funds are already going to a good cause. At least some good will come from the $240 that was contributed. It will allow 4 computers to be donated at no cost the people who need them, and the rest will go to setting up a website to help in the next Autism campaign.

PLEASE don't stop spreading the word.

Just got a call from a vaporizer company. They wanted know what my "weed needs" were. Yeah, that never gets old. At least I could understand him.

That's about it for me today. I'm going to rest my brain and see what my next move is going to be. Once again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything you have done to help with my campaign. Maybe next time, I'll get it right!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment