Saturday, October 6, 2012

A quick getaway.

So, Speedway gas stations have gone with pre-pay gas pumps only. Kind of a pain, but hey there are much bigger things to be pissed about. So I go in, and load up on a fountain pop and a snack. I pay for my goods and tell the cashier I need $30 for fuel. I pay for it all, and go back out to my Durango. I set everything in the truck, and start to pump the gas.

Now, they JUST started with pre-pay only so there are alot of people that have no idea that they have to go in and plop down cash BEFORE you fuel up. Unless you have a credit card, that is the ONLY way to activate the pump. As I was getting close to my $30 when a car pulled up next to me. As they were getting out, he said hello and commented on the gas prices. I was just about finished and I told him how irritated I was about the gas prices. "Someone needs to make a statement!" I said as I put the nozzle back into the pump. I yelled, "Screw these guys. I'm not paying for my gas!" And I jumped into the Durango and peeled out, leaving the guy stunned that I just drove off without paying for my fuel. The last thing I saw was him, pointing his finger at me while he told someone else what had just happened.

I wonder how long it took him to realise it was pre-pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment