Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Well, stuff my turkey! (In a nice way)

There has been alot of slacking lately on my part. The Daily Skid Mark had been a daily blog. But I have had alot of medical issues lately, and the pain has been a distraction. Someone asked me last week if I didn't like writing my blog. Just he opposite. I LOVE updating my blog and sharing my stories with you. I just don't want to give a partial effort in writing about something. I tend to forget certain parts of what I want to tell you about, so I just hold off for a few days.

Coming in to the holiday season, I have also been concentrating on helping out those less fortunate. When times are tough, it's always worse during Thanksgiving and Christmas. For me, it is more a time of giving to others, even if it means I go with less than what I need to live on. I know that I will always be able to catch up, but those who have no means, will have it MUCH harder. Sadly, I will be giving less this year to help those who need it, but I will do my best. I encourage others to do what you can to help. I know times are SO tough for everyone. Even if it's $1 in a donation canister, someone will benefit from it. I recently tried to raise money for a friend who had no car. I was not able to raise near what I needed. Just when I thought I had failed, someone heard about what I was doing. I was able to trade a laptop that had been given to me for a decent car that was worth MUCH more than the laptop. He now is able to get to work, and drive his kids to school. That made my heart just glow. I wanted to write about the generosity, but he didn't want his name mentioned. So, I'll just say thank you.

Once again, I want to thank those who gave up their old computers so that people who needed them could have them. I am now out of computers, but I have been able to complete my list of people who were had requested one. If anyone has a computer they wish to donate, please get ahold of me. I am in need of laptops more than desktops due to the fact that laptops are basically an "all in one" system, and desktops require a mouse, keyboard and monitor.



I will return to my normal blog after Thanksgiving. I hope everyone has a GREAT time Thursday. I will be with my in-laws all day. I hope they make the deviled eggs I love so much.

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment