Friday, May 24, 2013

#12 in the countdown of my personal favorite songs of the last 20 years.

Unwritten Law - Save Me

Always followed this band from their start back in the very early nineties. From California, their breakout sone "Seeing Red" was a staple on rock radio for a long time. I love the music, but I LOVE this song.

There are SO many ways to look at this song. Drug addiction, loss of a girlfriend, dying and so forth. All of it caused by the first thing I mentioned. The song to me is basically a goodbye to everything because he has too much fun doing what he does, and he has accepted the fact that one day he will be dead because of it, and there is nothing anyone can do. By the time he regrets his choices, it's too late.

The song, from the 2005 CD "Here's To The Mourning", has one of the coolest videos I have seen. There is an extended, un-cenosred version of it that is available on the greatest Hits DVD. If you look hard enough, you can find it online.

Here is "Save Me" from Unwritten Law.


Psst......do you wanna see the uncensored version? Here you go..... http://vimeo.com/2542385

See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment