Friday, April 26, 2013

#20 in the countdown of my personal favorite songs of the last 20 years.

Coming in at #20 is a hauntingly beautiful song from Mazzy Star. "Fade Into You". If you have not heard this son, and seriously if you haven't you need to, you will be ear massaged by Hope Sandoval's incredible voice.

"So Tonight That I May See" is the name of the album this song is found on, and I highly recommend it. Released in 1994 it reached #44 on the Billboard charts, but it should have charted better in my opinion. I often played this song when I worked at WKPK for the Lovers Lane Slow Jam at midnight.

The song is supposedly about someone who is in love with an addict that doesn't even know he is pushing everything away. She gives her all, and he is too caught up in his problem that he isn't even aware that he is loved.

I always thought more into it. To me the song is about love that goes unnoticed, and by the time you realize what you had, it's too late.

"Strange, you never knew........."

I love this song. It is a song that was written from the heart. They rarely write songs like this anymore. And when someone does, it gets drowned out by assembly line music that is written it 5 minutes, and shoved down your throats as" Today's Hits!" Sad.

Enjoy, Fade Into You by Mazzy Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment