Sunday, April 28, 2013

#19 in the countdown of my personal favorite songs of the last 20 years.

The White Stripes - Icky Thump/The Hardest Button To Button

Yeah, it's a tie between these two drum beating power songs. You just can't deny that when you hear Icky Thump, you just get energized. It's a damn shame they are not making music anymore.

"You can't be a pimp and a prostitute too!"

Great line. Released in 2007. Here is the video:


Cannot deny the Icky Thump! I suggest this get cranked on 11. Now let's check out The Hardest Button To Button....


Not only is this a total jam, but the video is just plain awesome. I LOVE a chick that holds her drumsticks in her mouth why wailing out a bass drum beat. One of the best bands to come out of Michigan. Filmed in around Manhattan, even though many think it was filmed in Detroit. Look closely and you'll see Beck make an appearance at about 2:25 giving Jack White a box. Released late in 2003 I still listen to this song at least once a week.

Check out the video:


If you're a fan of The Simpsons, you will remember the cameo that The White Stripes had in an episode. I laughed so hard. Bart is jamming this song, when THIS happens....


Classic. Check back again for the next 18 in my countdown of my personal favorite tunes of the last 20 years.

See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment