Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Marcellus Part 2

I did like going to school in Marcellus. The students were all pretty nice, and the staff was great. My 5th Grade teacher was Mr. Lowery. Now that I look back, I think he may have been a pedophile though. I remember he used to grab the students legs when we were sitting around for reading time. If you were next to him sitting, he would slap his hand down on your thigh, and grip. Wow....that's kind of scary the more I think about that.

I was 6' tall and towered over everyone else in my class. Except for a girl named Laura. She was 5'10". We were like the twin towers of power. During gym class, we would rule the 5th grade basketball world. There was a girl that I really liked. Her name was Debbie Garcia, and I was so in love with her. She was my first "love" in elementary school. We went together for 2 weeks, but I was so shy I hardly even held her hand. My best friend was Jim. I won't say his last name, because later on in the story I will be ripping his dad apart for his psychotic behaviour. Jim and I hung out almost everyday after school. That was the first time I saw "Star Blazers". It was an awesome Japanese anime show that came on at 4pm daily. His parents owned a dairy farm, and I would love to go help Jim do his chores. I got to feed calfs, and watch the dairy milking machines at work. It was pretty cool having free access to a dairy farm and see how it all works.

I collected beer cans. It was a hobby I had started before I moved here. There were SO many country roads and dumps areas that I could find a pile of old cans that had not been touched in 25 years. And because they were steel cans, and deep into wooded areas, they were in great condition. Nowadays, it has been so long that a collector will never see this kind of treasure trove again.

There was a ski resort called Swiss Valley that was not to far from us. The owners daughter was in our class, so we got to go ski all of the time for reduced rates. the first time I ever went was less than fun., I went down the bunny hill just fine, but when I tried to use the rope that was on pulley to take me back up the hill, I fell on my ass. Then when I tried a second time, the rope shredded my non-ski gloves. I had to resort to walking up the hill sideways on my skis JUST to get to safety. I spent the rest of the night sitting in the lodge.

I'm still thinking about that teacher. I think I need to look into that. I'm kind of freaked out.

I will continue next time since I am just waiting for this page to lock up. I'll cover snowmobiles, psycho farmers and my first encounter with WIRX on the radio.

Stay tuned.....

No comments:

Post a Comment